Lets Do this!
Please donate and/or join our team to help raise funds on behalf of Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago's Division of Special Infectious Diseases (SID). Lurie Children's staff and Junior Council are combining efforts for this year's AIDS Run & Walk Chicago. 90% of funds raised by our team will be returned directly to SID, the remaining 10% of funds raised will be retained by Aids Foundation of Chicago to cover costs associated with donation processing, administration, and event production.
History and Mission of the SID Program: The Special Infectious Diseases (SID) program, under the direction of Dr. Ram Yogev and Dr. Ellen Chadwick, at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (formerly Children's Memorial Hospital) began treating pediatric HIV/AIDS patients in 1984. The mission of SID is "to provide outstanding holistic medical care to HIV impacted children, adolescents, and caregivers we serve; support HIV education and prevention; conduct effective research to improve therapies and quality of life; and provide advocacy for those living with HIV."
History and Mission of Junior Council: Junior Council (JC) was founded in 1987 to support the Pediatric and Adolescent HIV/AIDS (SID) program of Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago. Their mission is "to support and ensure all children, teens, and young adults with HIV/AIDS, regardless of their ability to pay, have access to high quality pediatric healthcare." To learn more about Junior Council's 30 years of service visit http://juniorcouncil.org/
Thank you in advance for joining us in our efforts to raise awareness and funds to support adults, adolescents, and children living with HIV/AIDS in Chicago.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.