We be fundraising
- 23,835 people are living with HIV
- 63% of whom are engaged in care (48% are virally suppressed (i.e. "undetectable"))
- Study up! Educate yourself on HIV and know how to protect yourself. Additionally, learn more about what it's like to live with HIV and tackle any misconceptions or stigmas you may have internalized. Our understanding of the virus & its effects has come a long way in the past couple decades, so make sure you're up-to-date. And don't hesitate to ask me questions if you have them!
- Use your voice! Share what you learn with your friends and family. Interrupt stigmatizing behavior when you see it and challenge misinformation when you hear it. Learn how to be an advocate, not a bystander.
- Give your time! Volunteer with organizations near you to help them achieve their goals. Call your representatives to support HIV-specific legislation and healthcare reform (and hold them accountable--vote!).
- Give your money! Hi yes this page is my fundraising page, xoxo. If you'd prefer to support other organizations, by all means please do! I'm always willing to research or discuss other organizations if you have questions.
I can honestly say that every cent counts when we're #GettingToZero new cases of HIV in Illinois. The CORE Center's incredible work helps bolster that cause and I'm proud to be a part of the team. Thank you for reading this and thank you for your generosity!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.