Parking and shuttle buses
Thank you in advance for your traffic and parking cooperation on Walk day! Please be sure you are alert and paying close attention to event signage.
• Only authorized vehicles will be allowed to turn onto Meadow Lane from Highway 55 on Saturday, May 6.
• If you do not have a parking pass, you will be directed to park in one of the four off-site parking lots.
• If you park in a residential area that has No Parking signs posted, you will be ticketed.
• In an effort to minimize pedestrians crossing high-traffic streets, please do not park in the neighborhoods to the south of Highway 55.
Walkers who raise $1,000 or more online by Thursday, May 4, will receive an email with a link to download their onsite parking pass for Walk day. Please keep an eye out for this email from AHS the week of the Walk. Walkers raising $1,000 or more can also get their onsite parking pass by coming to Early Check-in on Thursday, May 4.
Top Walkers who raised $1,000 or more in 2016 will receive an onsite parking pass in the mail the week before the Walk. We hope you’re walking with us again this year!
Handicap parking is available onsite at the Mortenson lot. Walk participants with a handicap permit do not need a parking pass to enter the lot. However, please make sure your handicap permit is visibly displayed either on or inside your vehicle before entering the event grounds.
ALL OTHER ONSITE PARKING PASSES ARE SOLD OUT!
General event parking is available at four off-site parking lots (no parking pass required). Complimentary shuttle buses will transport walkers between these parking lots and the event grounds throughout the day. Shuttle buses will run every 15 minutes starting at approximately 7:45 a.m. and ending at 2 p.m.
Pets are welcome on the shuttle buses. Please remember to keep all critters under control and dogs on a short lead. All animals must have up-to-date vaccinations and rabies shots and must be under the control of an adult or have direct adult supervision.
Off-site parking and shuttle buses are located at:
• OptumHealth parking lot at the northwest corner of Highway 55 and Douglas Drive
• Honeywell Plant parking lot, 1985 Douglas Drive (Honeywell should be accessed from the Duluth exit from Hwy 100. Douglas Drive will not be accessible from the south.)
• Golden Valley Tech Center, 6305/6325 Sandburg Road (Golden Valley Tech Center should be accessed from the Duluth exit from Hwy 100. Douglas Drive will not be accessible from the south.)
• Metro Transit Park and Ride lot, I-394 and Louisiana Avenue in St. Louis Park
Due to possible Lowry Tunnel lane closures in May, we recommend checking for construction updates affecting your route prior to Walk Day travel.