Family and Corporate Sponsor Donations for Max's Ride for ALS
Join us for the 12th Annual “Max’s Ride” & Concert Benefitting ALS Research & Patient Services
Max Harrison was a man who fought two wars during his short thirty-six years of life. In the 1990's he served in the Army and was deployed to Desert Storm. The second battle he fought began at the age of thirty-two when he received the news that he had Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
ALS is a neuromuscular degenerative disease that stops the brain from sending signals to the body's muscles. While the brain and the patient's senses (touch, smell, sight, hearing, and taste) normally remain fully functioning, the patient's voluntary muscles begin to stop working and atrophy. Our bodies require muscles to do pretty much everything, including breathing. ALS is known to be terminal in 2-5 years from diagnosis. Since Lou Gehrig lost his battle with ALS over 75 years ago, very few research breakthroughs have occurred.
From the moment Max was diagnosed, he vowed to educate and raise funds for research and patient services. Max lost his battle with ALS in November of 2006 but with your help his legacy will live on across the USA.
As a company and/or corporation sponsoring Max's Ride for ALS, what's in it for you?
- Funds you help raise go to research and patient services locally
- Your name is displayed prominently in a variety of ways as a caring contributor
- You personally help to continue Max's legacy on assisting patients and families affected by ALS
- A tax deductible receipt upon request from the ALS Association of Texas
Max's Ride will be held rain or shine on Saturday, April 21, 2018 beginning at Cowboy Harley-Davidson of Austin, Texas. Opening ceremonies will include a Salute to our Military prior to the Ride, Veterans information, and a DJ. A benefit Concert with an incredible Silent Auction will be waiting back at Cowboy Harley-Davidson of Austin, TX when the riders complete the route. So even if you don't "ride" come on out for an amazing, family-friendly concert and a day filled with FUN!
Proceeds are donated to the nonprofit organization ALS Association of Texas to assist patients and families locally.
Tax ID: 74-2678974
Here are some ways you can make a difference:
- Bronze sponsor ($100 cash or donated retain item(s) valued at $100) - Your name will be added to the list of contributors, which will be posted on our website with a hyperlink, along with our Facebook page, and your information will be included in the sponsor list with the participants route map.
- Silver Sponsor ($300 cash or donated retail item(s) valued at $300) - Your name will be displayed as you list below on a banner at the beginning and end locations of Max's Ride and will added to the list of contributors, which will be included in every rider's information packet.
- Gold Sponsor ($500 cash or donated retail item(s) valued at $500) - Bronze and Silver incentives along with being part of the "Thank You Wrap Up Story" posted on our web page, ALS Association blog, and other local publications.
- Platinum Sponsor ($1000 cash or donated retail item(s) valued at $1000) - Bronze, Silver, and Gold incentives along with your name being posted as the Platinum Sponsor prominently displayed at Cowboy Harley-Davidson. (Donation payment plans are available)
- Diamond Platinum Music Sponsor $5000 donation - Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum incentives, however individual recognition as the "Diamond Platinum Music Sponsor" will be displayed prominently on center stage during the concert along with verbal recognition throughout the concert. (Donation payment plans are available)
Or, donate individual items for our Raffles, Silent Auction, and/or Participant Door Prizes and your company name stays with your items so everyone involved knows of your generosity.
Help us find a cure for ALS Patients, Families, Care Givers, and in honor of those loved ones who are no longer with us.
In order to make print deadlines, please have all sponsorships completed by April 6, 2018 or give us a call at 512-585-5337, and we will send someone by to pick up your contribution. Thank you for your support!!
Whitney Sadler, Director