Medical Equipment and Communication Device
Donation Information and Form
Thank you for considering a donation of medical equipment or communication devices to The ALS Association Greater Chicago Chapter. The ALS Association Greater Chicago Chapter uses these donations for those living with ALS that are uninsured or underinsured.
Due to an influx of donations, we are currently only accepting donations from individuals living with ALS served by The ALS Association Greater Chicago Chapter (or those inquiring on their behalf). Those that qualify, please fill out the form below and a member of our Chapter will contact you shortly. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept any other equipment donations at this time, due to patient needs and limited storage space.
Please consider contacting these alternate resources regarding an equipment donation:
- Unity Hospice: 312-427-6000
- Association of Horizon: 773-477-5170 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Muscular Dystrophy Association: Emily Hall at 312-873-1440
- UCP Seguin: Matina Travis at 708-444-8460 ex 230 or email@example.com
- Devices 4 the Disabled: 773-870-1553 or supportd4d.org/contact-us/ (please note: they do not accept hospital beds)
- Chicago Project C.U.R.E.: 312-813-8873 or firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (please note: they do not accept power wheelchairs)
Thank you again for your consideration and understanding.
*In order for you to receive tax credit for fair market value of donations thought to be greater than $5,000 you will need to have an appraisal performed by a licensed/certified appraiser and have a copy of the appraisal sent to us along with the forms below. You will be resposible for covering the fees of the appraisal process.
Please complete the forms and mail to our office for official signatures and approval after completing the donation form below:
ALS Association Greater Chicago Chapter
Attn: Equipment Donation
220 W Huron St.
Chicago, IL, 60654
We are currently accepting the following equipment as space permits in GOOD WORKING CONDITION:
- Custom Power Wheelchairs
- Power Scooters
- Other equipment on a case by case basis
- Manual wheelchairs
- Transport chairs
- Walkers (rolling with seat-Rollator) only
- Other Mobility Aides on a case by case basis
Durable Medical Equipment
- Hospital Beds (Fully electric and Semi-Electric only)
- Pneumatic Patient Lifts (Hoyer®) Manual and Electric
- Alternating Pressure Pads (APP)
Aides for Daily Living
- Power recliners
- Transfer boards
- Other items may be taken on a case by case basis
- May be taken on a CASE BY CASE basis - please speak to a member of the Greater Chicago Chapter
- Light writers
- Boogie Boards®
- Tablet or laptop based text to speech devices
- Eye gaze equipment
- Tobii ATI® Devices
- Dynavox® Devices
If you have equipment to donate that is not on the above list, you may wish to contact one of the alternate organizations above. If you have any further questions, please contact us at 312-932- 0000.
Please complete following short survey to begin your equipment donation. You will be contacted shortly by a member of the staff in order to verify the condition of the equipment and to arrange a pickup.