2022 Napa Valley Ride to Defeat ALS and Walk

2019 LMSa fall equinox ride
2019 LMSa fall equinox ride

LMSa and friends

LMSa has a tradition of taking a bike ride to a sunset-viewing destination within San Francisco every equinox. This autumnal equinox, we are joining the 2022 Napa Valley Ride to Defeat ALS as part of our commitment to raise money for ALS research. The "LMSA and friends" team is several dozen members deep, and and our fundraising goal is $35,000. Our team members are taking part in everything from the 100 mile century to the shorter walking and cycling routes. We have been training together and looking forward to this special and uplifting event.

Founding Principal Marsha Maytum has been living with ALS since 2020, and has been active in local ALS research and advocacy. We are learning that the interrelationships between illnesses and the environment are striking, with less than 10% of ALS cases being genetic, and the causes of the remaining 90% of cases being unknown. Furthermore, veterans and military personnel are twice as likely to have ALS than the general population.

Please consider joining us in our fundraising efforts. All money raised will go directly to ALS treatment and cure research.

Join our team
Simply click the "Join Team" link on our team roster.

Make a donation
Help us reach our goal! Select one of our fantastic participants below. Click their name to donate on their behalf. All the money donated from this page will support our team's overall goal.

 For more about Marsha's story, click here: https://secure2.convio.net/alsa/site/SPageServer/;jsessionid=00000000.app20096a?amp;pagename=GW_9_2022_03_30_Spotlight_on_Marsha_Maytum&NONCE_TOKEN=E3E0686E304E1B92CB95480F66545CAB

View More
View More