EVERYTHING WE DO ADVANCES THE SEARCH FOR EFFECTIVE TREATMENTS AND A CURE FOR ALS
We are so grateful for your dedication in helping our efforts to support the ALS community, and we want to share with you your impact on our mission in care services, research, and advocacy.
The ALS Association Rocky Mountain Chapter is dedicated to the fight against ALS in many ways, including funding global research efforts, supporting scientific and clinical collaboration, connecting people with ALS to clinical trials, partnering with multidisciplinary ALS clinics and centers, educating the public about ALS, providing professional care management services to families facing ALS, pursuing important public policy initiatives, and bringing the ALS community together. Funding also supports internationally-driven research focused on finding a treatment and ultimately, a cure for ALS. Our chapter does not receive any government or insurance funding.
The ALS Association Rocky Mountain Chapter has a compassionate team of Care Service Managers that provide professional, expert advice and assistance for people living with ALS, all free-of-charge. Here are just a few of the services our Chapter provides;
- One-on-one consultations to assess the needs of those living with ALS, suggest equipment and help families plan for the future.
- A Medical Equipment Loan Program that provides mobility equipment when insurance and other programs cannot fund needed items.
- A comprehensive Alternative Communication and Assistive Technology Program.
- Caregiver support groups, Share the Care™ guidance, and respite care grants to relieve stress and “caregiver burnout”.
- Monthly support groups for people with ALS, family members, caregivers and friends.
- Partnerships in ALS multidisciplinary clinics staffed by professionals with ALS expertise.
- Outreach to the local medical community with updates on current ALS needs and solutions.
YOU MAKE ALL OF THIS POSSIBLE - THANK YOU!