About 2023 Ski to Defeat ALS Awareness Day
There is a lot to learn about Ski to Defeat ALS, coming up on April 1st, 2023. We have broken everything down into three major topics: About Ski to Defeat ALS, About Your Registration, and About the day of Ski to Defeat ALS. This will walk you through the basics of Ski to Defeat ALS, then how to register for the event, and what to expect on Event Day.
About Ski to Defeat ALS
Ski to Defeat ALS is a one-day event, on April 1st, 2023, designed to appeal to ski, ride and snow enthusiasts. The event will take place at Eldora Mountain. All you need to do is register, hit your fundraising minimum and get on the slopes for an ALS awareness day on the slopes
Be sure to register today! In previous years, more than 100 participants worked together to successfully raise more than $70,000, making a BIG difference in the fight against ALS.
About Your Registration
How to Register?
So you are ready to register?! Great! We are so excited to have you on board. You can register online in three ways:
- Join a Team -- If you are joining an existing team that a friend started, you can first search for the team, join, then register. You may donate at this time.
- Start a Team -- If you plan to captain a new team and are ready to get the wheels rolling, create your team then register. You may donate at this time. You may also re-create a past team.
- Join as an Individual -- If you are signing up on your own without any team affiliation. Register and you may donate at this time.
Registration Fee Schedule
All skiers 18 and older are encouraged to raise a minimum dollar amount, in addition to the registration fee. Fundraising for The ALS Association Rocky Mountain Chapter is a direct way of supporting our mission, and with each person you ask to support you, you are also spreading important awareness for ALS. Fundraising is easy and fun -- and we are here to help you get started and to surpass your fundraising goal! There are 4 different tiers and incentive levels for those that are participating in Ski to Defeat ALS. The 4 tiers are as follows:
- Bunny Hill Bundle - Raise $250 per skier participant: This Bundle package includes: An ALS Pinnie and ALS gloves.
- Green Slope Bundle - Raise $750 per skier participant: This Bundle package includes: An Eldora Mountain Lift Ticket, ALS Pinnie.
- Blue Slope Bundle- Raise $2,500 per skier participant: This Bundle package includes: Eldora Lift Ticket, ALS Pinnie, ALS Ski Socks, $25 slope-side food/drink credit.
- Black Diamond Bundle - Raise $5,000 per skier participant: The Black Diamond package includes: An Eldora Mountain Lift Ticket, ALS Pinnie, ALS Ski Socks, $50 Dinner Gift Certificate, $100 slope-side food/drink credit.
For our participants living with ALS, the registration fee & fundraising minimum is different. Those living with ALS will NOT have a registration fee or fundraising minimum. An Eldora Mountain Lift Ticket, adaptive ski equipment and staff assistance using the equipment will be provided by the Ignite Adaptive Program staff. Time of ALS participant ski session will be from 1pm-3pm with Ignite. However, there are only 5 spots available for those living with ALS, so sign up as soon as you can! We do encourage your team members to raise funds to help in the fight to defeat ALS.
About the Day of Ski to Defeat ALS
Ideas for Ski to Defeat ALS
- Get your friends together for an ALS Awareness Day- Have ski hats made, where ALSA gear, talk about what ALS is on the mountain!
- 8:30am: Arrive to Eldora
- 8:00am-4pm: ALSA tent will be set up by Timber's Lodge. Check in, grab a hot beverage, goodie bag, and Ski Pinnie, say hello to your ALSA Staff, enter prize drawing.
- 12 noon: ALS participant adaptive skiers report to Ignite adaptive building;
- 1pm-3pm- ALS participant ski session with Ignite adaptive staff
- 3:30pm-Prize drawing at ALSA Tent
- All Day: Ski to Defeat ALS! Raise Awareness on the mountain in your red ALS pinnies!
Adaptive Skiing Resources
- Eldora - Ignite Program: Ignite Adaptive Sports – Ignite Your Spirit