Diagnosed in September 2020 with B-Cell ALL Aldon has been so strong during his fight!! He is currently in the maintenance phase and continues to show his strength thru it all. We walk to support Aldon thru his fight and to help raise awareness. We are Aldons Army!
Thank you for visiting my Fun Walk page! I would love for you to support me in my efforts for this amazing organization!
The Fun Walk raises money for Candlelighters services and programs which are offered FREE to children with cancer and their families.
Here's what Fun Walk donations will be used toward this year:
1. Hospital Parking Assistance – this remains our #1 request from families and we've moved our program to be provided digitally. As of January 1, 2022, hospital parking increased from $13 per day, to $15 day. Hospital Parking Costs are the top out-of-pocket expense a childhood cancer family will face.
2. Emotional Support – childhood cancer families are still restricted when it comes to gatherings, hospital visiting guidelines, school attendance and more so over the last year it’s become even more apparent just how important our peer-to-peer support efforts are. Our weekly support group meetings have grown, and our Parent Consultants are working around the clock to touch base and check-in with our families and their needs.
3. Gas Cards & Grocery Cards – with inflation at an all-time high, out-of-pocket costs are putting our childhood cancer families in extreme financial hardship. Support with gas, meals, and groceries are second to parking assistance in terms of what Candlelighters families currently need.
4. Memorial Funds - cancer doesn't stop. Children are still being diagnosed and unfortunately gaining their angel wings. Candlelighters provides financial assistance for families to hold memorial services for their children.
5. Bell Ringing in a Box – Due to hospital restrictions, bell ringing celebrations (sygnifying the end of cancer treatment!) are not being allowed in the hospitals. We're helping our families celebrate their cancer survivor and this tremendous milestone with celebratory supplies for their bell ringing ceremony at home with their loved ones!
6. Camp CLIFF - we have held our annual family camp, Camp CLIFF virtually the past two years, providing a weekend full of fun for the whole family at home. We are still in discussion with our Board of Directors (including pediatric oncologists) over this year's camping decision. Stay tuned! But donations will allow us to host whatever camp we can safely - whether in person or virtual camp is a lifechanging experience for our childhood cancer families.
Whatever you can give, thank you for supporting me and for helping all the children with cancer and their families that Candlelighters serves!