We would like to invite you to join us in the Fun Walk to honor our son Xavi who recently lost his battle to Ewing Sarcoma on February 2022. This organization helped my family and I tremendously when our whole world fell apart. Candlelighters offered support groups and financial assistance when we most needed it. If you would like to donate please follow the link as we have made a fundraising goal in honor of our dearest Xavi, this would help other families that are facing hardships like we once did.
The Fun Walk will be on Saturday, September 10,2022, Located at Terry Hershey Park, 15200 Memorial Dr at Eldridge Houston,Texas 77024 at 8:00am.
I’m so excited to be walking for Candlelighters this year!
Candlelighters is an organization that provides daily services for childhood cancer families and the Fun Walk raises money for those services and programs which are offered FREE to children with cancer and their families.
Here's what Fun Walk donations will be used toward this year:
1. Hospital Parking Assistance - This remains Candlelighters #1 request from childhood cancer families as it costs them $15 per day to park at the Texas Medical Center for treatment.
2. Emotional Support - Childhood cancer families are still restricted when it comes to gatherings, hospital visitation guidelines, school attendance and more. Over the last year it's become even more apparent just how important Candlelighters peer-to-peer support efforts are. Their weekly support group meetings have grown, and Candlelighters Parent Consultants (staff who are also parents of childhood cancer survivors) are working around the clock to touch base and check-in with families and their needs.
3. Gas and Grocery Cards - Daily out-of-pocket costs continue to be a financial burden for childhood cancer families and Candlelighters is dedicated to making life easier by providing support to families in these ways.
4. Memorial Funds - Unfortunately, children are still being diagnosed with cancer and gaining their angel wings. Candlelighters provides financial assistance for families to hold memorial services for their children.
5. Bell Ringing in a Box - Due to hospital restrictions, bell ringing celebrations (signifying the end of cancer treatment!) are not allowed in the hospitals. Candlelighters is helping families celebrate their cancer survivor and this tremendous milestone with supplies for their bell ringing ceremony at home with their loved ones!
6. Camp CLIFF - Donations will allow Candlelighters to host a safe, lifechanging camp experience for our childhood cancer families.
Thank you for supporting my efforts for this amazing organization. Whatever you can give, thank you for helping all the children with cancer and their families!