On August 24, 2002, my 1st husband lost his battle with Lymphoblastic Lymphoma. He battled cancer twice before the third one brought Him home to Jesus.
I have personal experience with the extensive costs of parking in the Medical Center not to mention the importance of the other services Candlelighters offers.
There are too many families with CHILDREN that are battling cancer. And many come from all over the world to our Medical Center to get the best treatment.
There are so many costs that insurance doesn't cover.
Candlelighters offers financial and emotional support to these families and is most deserving of every possible penny we can donate.
They deserve every bit of support we can offer.
If you can find it in your heart, kindly offer a little (or big!) something towards this amazing cause. Read below regarding the FunWalk and what Candlelighters has to say!.
Candlelighters is an organization that provides daily services for childhood cancer families and the Fun Walk raises money for those services and programs which are offered FREE to children with cancer and their families.
Here's what Fun Walk donations will be used toward this year:
1. Hospital Parking Assistance - This remains Candlelighters #1 request from childhood cancer families as it costs them $19 per day to park at the Texas Medical Center for treatment.
2. Emotional Support - Childhood cancer families are still restricted when it comes to gatherings, hospital visitation guidelines, school attendance and more. Over the last year it's become even more apparent just how important Candlelighters peer-to-peer support efforts are. Their weekly support group meetings have grown, and Candlelighters Parent Consultants (staff who are also parents of childhood cancer survivors) are working around the clock to touch base and check-in with families and their needs.
3. Gas and Grocery Cards - Daily out-of-pocket costs continue to be a financial burden for childhood cancer families and Candlelighters is dedicated to making life easier by providing support to families in these ways.
4. Memorial Funds - Unfortunately, children are still being diagnosed with cancer and gaining their angel wings. Candlelighters provides financial assistance for families to hold memorial services for their children.
5. Camp CLIFF - Donations will allow Candlelighters to host a safe, lifechanging camp experience for our childhood cancer families in February of 2024!
Thank you for supporting my efforts for this amazing organization. Whatever you can give, thank you for helping all the children with cancer and their families!