First Horizon Bank is so excited to be walking for Candlelighters again this year!
Candlelighters is an organization that provides daily services for childhood cancer families and the Fun Walk raises money for those services and programs which are offered FREE to children with cancer and their families.
Here's how you can help:
Here's what Fun Walk donations will be used toward this year:
1. Hospital Parking Assistance - Candlelighters has still been able to provide hospital parking financial assistance to families digitally
2. Emotional Support - families more than ever before are nervous to leave their homes, feeling isolated, being torn apart (thanks to hospital visitor restrictions) and we've been ramping up all our peer-to-peer support efforts. Our weekly support group meetings have grown, and Candlelighters Parent Consultants (staff who are also parents of childhood cancer survivors) are working around the clock to touch base and check-in with our families and their needs.
3. Gas Cards & Grocery Cards - these have been Candlelighters top request throughout the COVID-19 crisis as families more than ever are strapped for basic needs thanks to furloughs and layoffs.
4. Memorial Funds - cancer hasn't quit unfortunately. Children are still being diagnosed and gaining their angel wings. Candlelighters provides financial assistance for families to hold memorial services for their children.
5. Camp CLIFF - for the first time since Covid-19 swept the medical community, Candlelighters is back on schedule for their weekend family getaway! The Fun Walk usually completely funds this weekend getaway for Candlelighters families – a getaway that is much needed from the daily grind of a childhood cancer diagnosis.
Thank you for supporting our Team efforts for this amazing organization. Whatever you can give, thank you for helping all the children with cancer and their families that Candlelighters serves!
We hope to see you there!