Questions about PICS Foster Care:
Pierce, King, Mason, Kitsap and Thurston Counties
Community Based and PICS Foster Home Recruiter
Phone: (253) 502-2745
Toll Free: (800) 372-3697
Pediatric Interim Care (PICS) is a program of Catholic Community Services Southwest. PICS provides specialized foster care, as well as home based support services for drug-exposed infants and their families. Since 1990, PICS has provided intervention and support services to over 1000 children and their families.
Specialized Foster Care
Specialized foster care addresses the specific needs of drug-exposed infants and their families. PICS foster parents receive specialized training to meet the needs of drug-affected infants. CCS offers twice-monthly Foster Parent Support Groups for PICS foster families. Reuniting the infant with parents is the primary goal. Regular visitation is an important element of the services provided.
Family Support Services
Family support or home-based services provide the parents or relatives who are caring for the baby with intensive case management and support services within their own home and community.
These services include:
- Parenting education and support
- Assessing child’s health and developmental progress
- Referrals for medical and developmental needs of the infant
- Identifying family needs and support network
- Referrals to community-based programs for help with housing or other basic needs
In order to be enrolled in PICS services, children must meet the following criteria:
- Be under 3 years of age and exhibit signs of withdrawal from drugs or alcohol.
- Have special needs
- Children must be referred by the Division of Children and Family Services.
If you are interested in joining our team, or gathering more information, please take a moment and fill out the survey below. This survey will be emailed to us and we will follow up with you.