Information for our Dragon Boat paddlers:
- How many people do I need to create a boat: Dragon Boats hold up to 22 people: 20 paddlers, 1 drummer and 1 steer person (a steer person is provided for practices and race day). Teams can be made up of more than 20 people as team members can rotate throughout race day giving all participants the chance paddle.
- How are practices organized: There will be two complimentary practice sessions prior to race day and all teams are strongly encouraged to take part. Practices help you and your teams get acclimatized to dragon boat racing as well as help with your technique and team cohesion. Practices times will be organized in discussion with the team captains. We ask that all teams arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to the scheduled practice time.
- Where are practices held: 5524, rue Saint-Patrick, #150, Montreal, Quebec, H4E 1A8
- Is it possible to purchase additional practices: Yes additional practices can be purchased by contacting Lyne Lariviere at 22 Dragons: firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional practices cost $110.00 (+tax) per session.
- What do paddlers bring to race day: This is a rain or shine event therefore, please dress according to the weather. This is an outdoor event that will be taking place on grass that is often wet and/or muddy. Food will be provided throughout the day but in the case of any allergies or dietary restrictions, you are encouraged to bring your own food. In case of extreme weather such as lightening, torrential rain or high winds, please listen to CJAD 800 AM the morning of the race for updates.
- Where do I park on race day: On race day, the city of Lachine waves the cost of parking around the race & festival site. All legal, metered parking will be free in and around the event site.
- Are children welcome to attend?: Yes this is an all ages event! There is a KidZone where children will be able to amuse themselves with inflatable games and other activities. Please note that children cannot be left unattended at the KidZone therefore parents who may be paddling must have a plan for their kids when they are racing.
- What is the deadline for donations: Donations are accepted year round including in-person on race day. In order for donations to be counted towards your fundraising goal, all donations must be in by the Thursday (3:00 PM), prior to race day to be counted towards your total.
- To what address should donations be sent: Online donations are accepted through the website and donations by check or cash can be mailed or dropped off at the Cedars Cancer Foundation offices: 1310 Greene Ave, Suite 520, Westmount, Quebec, Canada H3Z 2B2. Please make sure the cheque is addressed to the Cedars Cancer Foundation Dragon Boat.