RAIN OR SHINE! IT’S DRAGON TIME!
Ready....Set...Paddles up... Go!
FL Fuller Landau presents the 17th Annual FL Fuller Landau Cedars CanSupport Dragon Boat Race on Saturday, September 10, 2022, and we are pleased to invite you to participate in this fun and inspirational event!
Together We Paddle for Cancer Patients
ABOUT THE RACE
A one-day event staged at the waterfront of Montreal’s scenic Promenade Père-Marquette in Lachine, the FL Fuller Landau Cedars CanSupport Dragon Boat Race brings together the young and young-at-heart, friends, families, cancer patients and advocates, medical professionals, local celebrities, co-workers, corporate sponsors, civic leaders, experienced paddlers, and rookies all in the spirit of fun and fundraising for an important cause. Wherever your boat places, your inclusion in our race puts you on the front line of support for people who are at their most vulnerable.
Please note that details of the race may change from time to time based on the full application of government rules regarding events and public gatherings.
HOW IT WORKS
- Each team will have a maximum of 20 paddlers per dragon boat, led by a team captain, and steered by a professional.
- Each participant is expected to bring in a minimum of $750 in donations, making the total minimum contribution for each boat $15,000.
- Fundraising is conducted year-round by the registered teams through social networking, special events, pledges and sponsors.
RACE DAY INFO
- What do I bring to race day? This is a rain or shine event therefore, please dress according to the weather. This is an outdoor event that will be taking place on grass that is often wet and/or muddy. *PRO TIP - water shoes and a strap for your sunglasses are recommended. Food will be provided throughout the day but if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, you are encouraged to bring your own food.
- Bring a refillable water bottle - as we do not encourage the use of single-use plastic bottles. We will have water filling stations at the event site.
- Where do I park on race day? On race day, the city of Lachine waves the cost of parking around the race & festival site. All legal, metered parking will be free in and around the event site.
- To what address should donations be sent? Online donations are accepted through the website and donations by check or cash can be mailed or dropped off at the Cedars Cancer Foundation offices: 1310 Greene Ave, Suite 520, Westmount, Quebec, Canada H3Z 2B2. Please make sure the cheque is addressed to the Cedars Cancer Foundation Dragon Boat.