Each year, over 125 volunteers come together and commit their time to make the BDO Cedars CanSupport Dragon Boat Race a success.
Without the help and support of our volunteer, this event simply would not happen. Volunteers are needed in a variety of areas on site as well as leading up to the event.
Examples of some of the volunteer positions needed:
- Team ambassador: helping the dragon boat teams get to races on time, acting as liaison between the teams and race & festival coordinators
- Kid Zone: Supervise (not babysit) the Kid Zone, help collect entrance fees and ensure the area is clean and safe
- Site operations
- Pre-event setup crew: Come help the Cedars event staff on Friday, September 8th to set up the Dragon Boat Race
- Post-event take down crew
- Site safety and security
- Information crew and visitor greeters
- Food services: help ensure that all of our paddlers are fed throughout the day by assisting in the preparation and distribution of bagels, coffee and lunches
Please contact Lina Jaugelis-Zatkovic at (514) 656-6662 to register as a volunteer.