Each year, over 125 volunteers come together and commit their time to make the Fuller Landau Cedars CanSupport Dragon Boat & Festival a success.
Without the help and support of our volunteer, this event simply would not happen. Volunteers are needed in a variety of areas on site as well as leading up to the event.
Examples of some of the volunteer positions needed:
- Team ambassador: helping the dragon boat teams get to races on time, acting as liaison between the teams and race & festival coordinators
- Kid Zone: Supervise (not babysit) the Kid Zone, help collect entrance fees and ensure the area is clean and safe
- Site operations
- Pre-event setup crew: Come help the Cedars event staff on Friday, September 7th to set up the Dragon Boat Race & Festival village
- Post-event take down crew
- Site safety and security
- Information crew and visitor greeters
- Food services: help ensure that all of our paddlers are fed throughout the day by assisting in the preparation and distribution of bagels, coffee and lunches
If you have any questions in regard to volunteering or would like to volunteer, please contact Natalia Kalbarczyk, 514-656-6662 x 228 or Natalia.Kalbarczyk@cedarscancer.ca