CUFI applauds the U.S., U.K., and French delegations for walking out on Ahmadinejad's address to the United Nations
Within twenty-four hours, over 13,000 CUFI members sent emails to Secretary of State Clinton asking that the U.S. delegation walk out on Ahmadinejad. CUFI applauds the U.S., U.K., and French delegations for walking out on Iran's President Ahmadinejad's address to the United Nations. The walk out sends a strong message that the U.S. will not condone a genocidal tyrant making a mockery of international law.
In his speech, Ahmadinejad accused the United States of committing "acts of terror" and once again targeted Israel -- the very country he has threatened to "wipe off the map" -- as the obstacle to peace. To sit and listen to this madman would have sent the signal that he is a respectable international leader with a valid message. Walking out on him, on the other hand, sent a powerful message that we will no longer tolerate this tyrant's hate, threats, and disregard for international law.
But, there is more work to do… please take a minute to explore other ways that you make a difference:
- Attend the fifth annual CUFI Washington Summit. The Washington Summit is your chance to send a powerful pro-Israel message in a time of crisis. This is your opportunity to be one of thousands of Christians standing up for Israel in a time of need. As relations with Israel reach a low point, the CUFI Washington D.C. Summit must hit a high point! Click here to register for the Washington Summit.
- Sign the petition to indict Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for the crime of incitement to genocide. If you are not one of over 70,000 Christians to sign the petition indict Mahmoud Ahmadinejad for the crime of incitement to genocide please click here to sign. If you have already signed the petition please click here to send eCards to your family and friends asking them to sign the petition.
- Become a fan of CUFI on Facebook. CUFI's page on Facebook features daily news updates from the Middle East, event notifications, opinion pieces and much more. Click here to become a fan of CUFI on Facebook today.
- Bring a CUFI speaker to your church- In light of recent events in Israel, it is more important than ever to understand the facts of the Arab-Israeli conflict. Therefore, CUFI Regional Coordinators are available to come and speak to your community about the current situation in the Middle East. All of our CUFI Regional Coordinators are professional and dynamic speakers who have extensive experience with Christian Support for Israel and related topics. Learn how to bring a CUFI speaker to your community.
- Share your testimony- CUFI members across the country have experienced blessings in their own lives by blessing Israel. CUFI wants to provide you with the opportunity to share your testimony about how you have been blessed by blessing Israel. We believe your testimony will inspire and empower other CUFI members to bless Israel. Please click here to submit your testimony about how you have been blessed by blessing Israel.
- Become a CUFI Congregational Representative- For every pro-Israel church that is actively participating in CUFI, we know that there are many more which are not. Many times, pro-Israel pastors are simply too busy with the day-to-day demands of their jobs to organize CUFI events and activism. This is where you can make a difference. If you want to see your church do more for Israel through CUFI, then you can make it happen. We ask you to prayerfully consider applying to become a CUFI Congregational Representative.
- Support CUFI's education efforts. CUFI needs your support to educate Christians across America about why and how they must stand up and speak up for Israel in her time of need. We need your help in educating our members how to speak out in their communities and churches to raise awareness on this issue. We need your help in communicating the urgency of this issue to our leaders in Washington. We simply cannot meet these great challenges without your help. We ask that you join us in confronting these threats through your actions and your prayers. The challenges are great. The time is limited. But with your generous support, we can continue to be an effective defender of Israel at this most crucial hour. Please click here to support CUFI's education efforts.