Walk Strong Across America®
Walk Strong Across America® is held in all 50 U.S. States along with growing participation from international locations. The Cure JM Foundation® hosts the Walk Strong Across America® to raise money to support Juvenile Myositis research.
This fun and inspiring event invites families with children, teens and young adults fighting Juvenile Myositis to raise money and Walk on July 4th*. In addition, extended family and friends, as well as corporate and community supporters, are invited to show their support by donating and walking.
Nearby Cure JM Families can choose to gather together. Simply follow this guidance:
- Gather anytime you wish
- Pick a local area to walk. Invite the families in your Cure JM Chapter Facebook group.
- Ask everyone to bring their own snacks/water
- Enjoy walking and send photos to email@example.com or tag #curejm on social
- For the safety of everyone, please follow local COVID guidelines
Like most rare diseases, JM research funding comes almost entirely from grassroots efforts and will support crucial work, including:
- Promising drug trials
- The best and brightest national and international researchers
- Drug discovery and genetics research
- Cure JM's Clinical Care Network and Centers of Excellence to bring the highest quality care to patients across the country
* Busy on July 4th? No problem! Families are invited to walk when it works best for them.