How to Fundraise
Since inception over 90% of all funds raised have gone directly to research and programs to help children with Juvenile Myositis. This means every dollar you and your team raise during Walk Strong To Cure JM® Walk Strong Across America - Houston brings us one step closer to finding a cure, so set the bar high!
We encourage each team member to raise at least $500. This can be an easy goal if you follow the fundraising tips provided here. If you really want to challenge your team, set the fundraising goal even higher!
- Register, and a fundraising webpage will be created just for you.
- Form a team to engage others. A team is a great way to connect a group of co-workers, friends, family members or anyone who wants to make a difference.
- Make an online donation to your fundraising efforts and start off on the right track.
- If you've already registered, log in to your Participant Center and ask at least 5 friends to donate and/or join you!
In the Participant Center, you can:
- Personalize your fundraising page
- Email friends, family and coworkers
- Watch your fundraising progress grow and thank your donors
The #1 reason people give is because someone asks. You raise money when you ask for it—so be sure to ask everyone you know!
ASK PERSONALLY Share your own story, not just statistics. Connect with your donors on a personal level by sharing why you are participating.
ASK EVERYONE And we mean everyone! Your neighbors, classmates, colleagues, clients, grocer, hair dresser everyone you know or come across.
ASK BIG If you ask someone for $100, you might get $100, or maybe you’ll get $75 or $50. Set the bar high and raise as much as you can.
ASK CONFIDENTLY You’re not asking for money for yourself. You’re asking to help find new and better treatments. Remember, the money raised is going to support Cure JM’s mission to find a cure for Juvenile Myositis and improve the lives of families affected by JM.
Start contacting families, friends, neighbors, and coworkers to join your team. When they hear your story, they will want to help. Every donation adds up quickly. Each member of your team can easily raise $250 in just a few days by following these easy tips & tricks! Together you and your team can quickly raise $500 or more!
Raise $250 in 10 Days!
|1||Sponsor yourself for $25||$25|
|2||Ask a friend for $25||$50|
|3||Ask your supervisor for $25||$75|
|4||Ask your spouse for $25||$100|
|5||Ask your neighbor for $25||$125|
|6||Ask your coworker for $25||$150|
|7||Ask a family member for $25||$175|
|8||Ask a local store owner for $25||$200|
|9||Ask another friend for $25||$225|
|10||Ask another family member for $25||$250|