How to Fundraise
Since inception over 90% of all funds raised for Cure JM have gone directly to research and programs to help children with Juvenile Myositis. This means every dollar you and your team raise during Walk Strong Across America brings us one step closer to finding a cure, so set the bar high!
We encourage each team member to raise at least $500. This can be an easy goal if you follow the fundraising tips provided here. If you really want to challenge your team, or if you reach your initial goal faster than expected, set the fundraising goal even higher!
- Register, and a fundraising webpage will be created just for you.
- Make an online donation to your fundraising page and start off on the right track.
- If you've already registered, log in to your Participant Center and ask at least 5 friends to donate!
In the Participant Center, you can:
- Personalize your fundraising page
- Email friends, family and coworkers
- Watch your fundraising progress grow and thank your donors
The #1 reason people give is because someone they know asks. You raise money when you ask for it—so be sure to ask everyone you know!
ASK PERSONALLY Share your own story, not just statistics. Connect with your donors on a personal level by sharing why you are participating.
ASK EVERYONE And we mean everyone! Your neighbors, classmates, colleagues, clients, everyone you know. Use all means of outreach: call, text, email, Facebook, twitter, Instagram
ASK CONFIDENTLY You’re not asking for money for yourself. You’re asking to help find new and better treatments. Remember, the money raised is going to support Cure JM’s mission to find a cure for Juvenile Myositis and improve the lives of families affected by JM. Small donations will add up.