Vehicle donations

Gifts of stock and securities

Photo: Charitable Auto Resources

Donate your car to CWS!
If you have a car that needs a new home, you can donate it to Church World Service and support our vital programs to help end hunger and poverty in the U.S. and around the world.  It's easy to do.

How it works:

Fill out the online form below, send an email OR call toll-free (855) CWS-4-CAR/(855) 297-4227 to contact a Vehicle Donation Representative.

Our representative will schedule a pickup at a time that's convenient for you, and provide you with confirmation of your donation.

Once your vehicle is sold, you will receive a receipt for your records and the sale proceeds will be donated to CWS.

Tax Information:

If the gross proceeds from the sale of your donated vehicle are $500 or more, and if you provide your social security number to our representative at the time of your donation, you will also receive an IRS tax form 1098C stating the sale price of the vehicle.  This amount is what you actually claim on the itemized tax return.

According to the tax law effective January 1, 2005, if the claimed value of the donated vehicle exceeds $500, the taxpayer is limited to the gross proceeds of the sale.

Additional questions?  Call (855) 297-4227 or visit