Junior foster application
1. Complete the application below - Upon completion, you’ll receive an email inviting you to our next volunteer orientation. Please check your junk folder and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t receive an email within 24 hours. There is a $25 volunteer application fee that covers the cost of administrative processing, background check fees and your home inspection.
2. Attend Orientation - Both the youth and parent attend a one-hour informational session where we provide an overview of our services, philosophies, and an introduction to our foster program.
3. Interview Both prospective foster parents interview with a Dumb Friends League representative to discuss additional program details, as well as what types of animals you’re interested in fostering.
4. Attend Training Classes - New foster parents attend a training to learn volunteer policies and procedures, safe animal handling, and how to take a foster animal home. We also offer ongoing training classes for young kittens, animals with medical needs as well as behavior fosters.
5. Virtual Home Inspection - PACFA requires that all foster parents have an annual home inspection, these are conducted virtually. This will be scheduled after training has been completed.