1. Complete the application below - Upon completion, you’ll receive an email inviting you to our foster orientation video. Be sure to check your junk folder, and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t receive a communication within 24 hours. Please note that there is a $25 application fee that covers the cost of administrative processing, background check fees and volunteer uniform. However, if you are passionate about our program and are unable to pay the fee, please reach out to Megan Newhouse email@example.com to discuss options!
2. Watch our orientation video - Watch our 20-minute orientation video to learn more about our services, philosophies, and an introduction to our foster program.
3. Interview - Prospective volunteers interview one-on-one with a Dumb Friends League representative to discuss additional program details, as well as what types of animals you’re interested in fostering. Please be aware it may be up to 60 days before you receive an interview invitation email after watching the orientation video.
4. Attend Training Classes - New foster parents attend a two-hour training to learn volunteer policies and procedures, safe animal handling, and how to take a foster animal home. We also offer ongoing training classes for young kittens, animals with medical needs as well as behavior fosters.
5. Home inspection - PACFA requires that all foster parents have an annual home inspection, which we conduct virtually. This will be scheduled after training has been completed.