1. View our video to learn how animal lovers like you find fostering meaningful and rewarding.
2. Complete the application below - If your availability and interests coincide with available volunteer positions, we'll contact you to schedule you for a volunteer orientation.
3. Attend orientation - Each volunteer attends a one-hour orientation where we provide an overview of our services, philosophies, an introduction to our volunteer program and a tour of the shelter.
4. Interview - Prospective volunteers interview one-on-one with a Dumb Friends League representative to discuss personal goals and determine the most suitable volunteer assignment.
5. Home inspection - PACFA required that all foster parents have an annual home inspection
6. Training - ongoing training classes for kittens, cats, puppies and dogs are offered for free to all volunteer parents
As part of the volunteer application process, there is a $25 volunteer application fee that covers the cost of administrative processing, background check fees and volunteer uniform.