2019 Planetarium Fireworks Fundraiser
Planetarium Fireworks Fundraiser: Saturday, July 6, 2019
Price: $60 per person
- Reserved parking beginning at 6:00pm. We are close to downtown’s great dining establishments and the entertainment provided in the band shell in Wenonah Park.
- A premiere viewing of, “First on the Moon.” live presentation in the theater celebrating the 1969 Apollo 11 Mission to the Moon, from 8:30pm - 9:30pm featuring rarely seen footage, astronaut accounts and Dome360 imagery.
- Seating on the Observation Deck to view the Bay City fireworks from 9:45pm - 11:00pm. Popcorn and soft drinks available.
- Seats are limited.
Premiering at the Planetarium
First on the Moon: the 50th Anniversary of Apollo 11
This summer marks the 50th anniversary of one of the most ground-breaking events in human history - the first manned landing on the Moon. A marvel of technology and American ingenuity, the epic event answered the challenge set forth by President John F. Kennedy in 1961 to “achieve the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to Earth.” The goal was met on July 20, 1969, when Apollo 11 touched down on the Moon’s Sea of Tranquility. Planetarium Manager Mike Murray will give a premiere live presentation of “First on the Moon” to celebrate the occasion.
- All guests
must be inside the Planetarium by 8:15pm for the 8:30pm show. We will be
unable to take calls or admit late arrivals.
- The doors will lock at
8:30pm and no one will be admitted after that time.
- Seats must be
purchased in advance online or by calling 989-667-2260.
- Barrier-free seating available if needed.
- The Delta College Planetarium is a smoke free/alcohol free facility.
If you are not able to attend, please consider making a donation to the Planetarium.