Louisiana Walks for Parkinson's
Thank you Supernus Pharmaceuticals for Diamond Title Sponsorship
Celebrate living well with your community while benefiting the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's.
This year's walk is dedicated in loving memory of John Humphreys.
Saturday, October 14, 2023 - Metairie, LA
Pavilion Island at Lafreniere Park
3000 Downs Blvd
Metairie, LA 70003
October 14, 2023
Walk-up registration at 9 am
Check-in and t-shirt pick-up at 9 am
Walk begins at 11 am
LA Walks is a celebration of living well complete with two handicap accessible walking routes, local food and beverages, a silent auction, parade of prizes raffle, live music by Flip Side Band of NOLA, entertainment and local resources for people with Parkinson's.
LA Walks benefits the Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson's.
- Adult Participant - $30 (Includes LA Walks event tee, food, beverages and more)
- Child Participant - FREE (12 and under, includes food and beverages)
*All event-day participants must be registered regardless of age, to participate in the Louisiana Walks for Parkinson's event. Registration closes Thursday, October 12th at midnight. Walk-up registration is $35 and an event tee is not guaranteed.
Additional purchase options:
- Extra adult tee
- Youth tee
- Parade of Prizes raffle tickets*
- Liquor wagon tickets*
*Pre-purchasing Parade of Prizes raffle tickets and liquor wagon tickets will save time! Tickets purchased in advance with registration will be printed with your name and phone number and will be available for pick-up day of the event at the raffle ticket sales tent.
Help us raise $115,000!
Check out the awesome incentives you can earn by becoming a Team DPF fundraiser at LA Walks!
The Walk Schedule of Events
- 9 am Registration and pre-registered t-shirt pickup, Silent Auction and Parade of Prizes opens, coffee, donuts and fresh fruit served
- 9:50 am Welcome!
Opening remarks and introduction by Susan Sapir-Fields
Title Sponsor: Supernus Pharmaceuticals - Patrick Perrien
Guest Emcee: Jefferson Parish Councilman Scott Walker
- 9:55 am Program: Brief Introduction of Event Committee and the Davis Phinney Foundation staff
- 10 am Team DPF Fundraising Champion Awards by Polly Dawkins, Executive Director of the Davis Phinney Foundation
- 10:10 am Rosina Kahn Sapir Parkinson's Community Service Award presented by Sapir Family
- 10:20 am Stephen J. Casamento Parkinson's Caregiver Award
- 10:25 am LA Walks Memorial Dedication to John Humphreys
- 10:30 am Performance by the Crescent City Rae's
- 10:35 am Dance for PD
- 10:45 am Baudry Therapy - BIG
- 10:50 am Zumba warm-up with Dominique Thomas
- 10:55 am Line up for Walk at the back bridge behind the pavilion
- 11 am Second line music and Walk begins (have your second line hankies ready!)
- 11 am - 2 pm Music by Flip Side Band of NOLA
- 12:45 pm Parade of Prizes Raffle and Liquor Wagon Closes
- 12:50 pm Liquor Wagon Winner Announced (winner must be present)
- 1 pm Last call for Silent Auction bids
- 1:15 pm Silent Auction closes
- 2 pm Event concludes
*Please consider volunteering to stay and help pick up after event ends. We are very thankful for anyone that is willing to lend a hand.
*Backdrop for individual or team pictures will be available through-out the day
Thank you to our sponsors and exhibitors!