KPBS offers free tours on a pre-set schedule four times per month on a first come, first serve basis. We have set the times of our tours based around our production schedules as well as the best parking periods for both tour participants and our Volunteer Tour Guides. The pattern of our tour schedule is usually the same each month and is as follows:
Groups of 6-16 Members:
- 1st Tuesday of each month . . . 9:00 am
- 2nd Tuesday of each month . . . 2:00 pm
- 3rd Wednesday of each month . . . 2:00 pm
Individuals + Groups of up to 12 Members
- 4th Thursday of each month . . . 2:00 pm
Note: Due to the limited availability of our tour guides and our busy production schedule, we are not able to offer tours outside of the dates and times listed.
Tour Requirements and Information:
- Minimum eight days advance sign-up
- Minimum Age: 13 years old, no exceptions please.
- Group Maximum: 16 people, including chaperones, no exceptions please (4th Thursday tour limited to 12 guests per group to allow room for others).
- Schedule Changes: Tour dates are occasionally taken off our calendar or moved to other days when our studios are closed for holiday periods, events, etc.
- Tour Areas: Newsroom, Radio studios, TV studios.
- Duration: Approximately 45 min. - 1 hr.
- Parking: Tours are free, parking is $2 per vehicle; parking availability isn't guaranteed, carpooling, public transportation encouraged.
- Location: KPBS is located on the campus of San Diego State University (map).
To Reserve a Tour:
- First read the tour requirements and information above.
- Reserve a tour using the calendar schedule below and click the 'TOUR SIGN-UP' date that applies.
- A small pop up box will then appear; click the blue 'Event Details' link from the bottom of the pop up box to check availability, RSVP.
- Use the blue arrow at the top of the calendar to foward to another month.
- Tour sign ups are only available up to a few months ahead, please check again later if a month hasn't been added yet