Thu 11 Feb 2016 12:26:02 AM CST : This site is about to be upgraded to a new software release. If you are in the process of entering information, please complete it in the next few minutes and then log off, to ensure that you are not interrupted. If you were about to start entering details, please wait until this message is removed. You may continue to browse content on the site during the upgrade if you wish. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Membership in the best nationwide endurance program dedicated to supporting the fight for muscle health
- World-class customized Half or Full Marathon training for all levels and abilities
- A community of support from your teammates, volunteers, coaches and mentors
- Invitations to exclusive social events
- Exclusive MDA Team Momentum training and racing gear
- Race-weekend VIP amenities, such as access to an MDA Team Momentum tent, gear check, private changing areas, facilities, cheer teams to inspire you, and more
- Easy-to-use online tools to make your fundraising easy, fun and successful
- A personalized fundraising Web page
- The opportunity to honor or remember a loved one affected by muscle disease
and we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Here are some tips:
- Set a goal and share it. Studies have shown that shared goals are the most likely to be realized. So, tell your family, friends, neighbors and co-workers about the commitment you’ve made and what you’re doing. Use words like “donate” or “share” to help your friends know exactly what you want them to do.
- Ask. Then ask again. (And again!) Send customized MDA Team Momentum emails to everyone you know and ask for contributions. Include a simple explanation of how and where people can donate and other specific ways they can help. Use “donate” or “share” so friends know exactly what you want them to do. Remember: The No. 1 reason people give to a worthwhile cause is because someone they know asked so keep sending those emails!
- Support our National Sponsors A vital part of MDA’s financial support comes from strong partnerships — some decades old — with national sponsors.
- Use social media like Facebook and Twitter to support your mission. Participants who use social networking tools raise significantly more money to support their cause, so spread the word via your social networks. Make sure to take advantage of our Boundless Fundraising with Facebook app too – it makes it easy to enlist support from your Facebook friends.
- Let your supporters know they can boost the impact of their donations with matching gifts. Many companies provide matching gifts for employee charitable contributions — some will even double employee contributions, making donations go twice as far! Click here to learn how to make your gift go even farther!
Your MDA Team Momentum Dollars at Work
Assist Families with Life-Changing Support
- MDA clinics in 200 locations, including at many of America’s top hospitals, meet challenging health care needs of families through expert, team-based care.
- Summer camps enable thousands of children with muscle disease to enjoy a week of barrier-free fun as they build confidence and independence.
- Durable medical equipment assistance provides powerful, practical support for daily living from the loan of a shower chair to the repair of a power wheelchair.
- Support groups and educational resources give families real-world tools for managing complicated diseases.
Fund Research To Find Treatments and Cures
- Basic research grants lead to the discovery of new treatments and potential cures.
- Grants for clinical trials and translational research move promising discoveries along the drug development pipeline toward becoming approved therapies.
- Clinical research networks and disease registries advance the understanding of muscle disease and lead to improved health outcomes.
- Conferences and symposia catalyze research progress by bringing together top scientific minds to collaborate and share insights.
Rally Communities To Fight Back
- Advocacy amplifies the voices of people with neuromuscular disease, ensuring that legislators and policymakers are aware of issues of importance to our community.
- Community events create greater awareness of muscle disease, and provide local families and volunteers with an effective way to fight back against muscle disease.