Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the United States Team that will compete at the 15th Pan American Maccabi Games to be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, December 27, 2023-January 5, 2024! The Pan American Maccabi Games is a celebration of Jewish unity, culture, and heritage through world athletic competition, and we are thrilled that you are interested in being a part of it.
Click here to see the full sport/age listing (Age groups subject to change) U18 Squash is no longer available.
Please note: all U16, U18, and Open athletes may participate in a one-day cultural and educational program on December 26. This day will allow for additional athletic training, and having the opportunity to get a first-hand look at the Jewish history of Buenos Aires. Team members would depart on December 25. Coaches, managers, and medical team members will have the same date commitments. A final decision on this will be made no later than Spring, 2023.
Masters team members should plan to be in Buenos Aires December 27, 2023 to January 5, 2024.
**Please note that the financial details for the Games will be confirmed in early 2023. These are estimates and are subject to change until noted as final**
Estimated required financial commitment amounts for USA team members are as follows:
- U16, U18, & Open Athletes - $6,650
- Masters Athletes – $7,800* (flights not included)
- Head & Assistant Coaches
- Accommodations Managers
- Athletic Trainers
- Mental Health Professionals
- Additional volunteers or Self-Funded Sports Chairs that have been approved by Maccabi USA - have the same financial commitment as U16, U18, and Open athletes
Golfers will also have an additional greens fee commitment TBD.
All costs are subject to change.
*Masters pricing includes double-occupancy accommodations at the team hotel to be shared with another Masters delegation member. Pricing and availability of single rooms, upgrades, and family member registration areTBD. A portion of the fees will be a tax-deductible charitable gift.
Maccabi USA will also be offering a friends and family Supporter's Mission trip to Buenos Aires during the Games. If you are interested to learn more about this, please complete the following survey here.
The application must be completed online to receive consideration for the United States Team (team selection may begin as early as February 2023). Any questions concerning the application or team selections should be directed to Steven Graber, Program Director (215) 561-6900 Ext. 4148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * * *
All applicants for all positions must submit a non-refundable $36 application fee with the completed application form.
A deposit of $360 will be required by all Team members within 5 business days after appointment to confirm your spot on the team. All deposits must be made by credit card and are non-refundable.
1.The selection process may be determined by tryouts, national ranking, verified times, or other means. Once applications are submitted, applicants will be contacted by the sport chair to review the selection process. Any questions about the process should be directed to the Maccabi USA office.
2. Notwithstanding the selection process described in section 1 above, the 15th Pan American Maccabi Games USA Organizing Committee Co-Chairs reserves the right to make final decisions on all appointments to the USA delegation.
3. Domestic travel within the United States to the international flight is not included.
4. Please note athletes are responsible to: a) share any and all information with family and friends and b) update the Maccabi USA office of any changes to contact or other important information.
5. All forms and payments must be made ON TIME in order to maintain a spot on the Team.
Sincerely/ בברכה/ B’vracha,
Marc Backal & Deb Lichtenfeld, Co-Chairs15th Pan American Maccabi Games, USA Organizing Committee