Thank you for your interest in joining the United States delegation that will compete at the European Maccabi Youth Games in London, England, from July 28 to August 6, 2024! These Games are not only a special opportunity to compete in international competition, but also a celebration of Jewish unity, culture, and heritage, and we are thrilled that you want to participate.
*We suggest using Google Chrome to submit your application as we've found that an error can occur when trying to submit the application using a different web browser.
SPORTS & AGE GROUPS
- This competition is only for U16 and U18 athletes
- CLICK HERE to see the full sport/age listing (subject to change)
Athletes are responsible for:
- Sharing any and all information with family and friends
- Updating the Maccabi USA office of any changes to contact or other important information
- The selection process may be determined by national ranking, verified times, and/or other means
- Once applications are submitted, applicants will be contacted by the sport chair or coach to review the selection process
- Any questions about the process should be directed to the Maccabi USA office (email@example.com)
- Notwithstanding the selection process described, the European Maccabi Youth Games USA Organizing Committee Chair reserves the right to make final decisions on all appointments to the USA delegation
**All costs are estimates and subject to change**
Estimated required financial commitment:
- U16 & U18 Athletes: $6,650
- Golfers will have an additional greens fee commitment (TBD)
What is included in the cost?
- International round-trip flight from select USA departure cities
- Dormitory accommodations
- Ground transportation
- Games registration with organizers
- Medical insurance
- Team apparel package
What is not included in the cost?
- Domestic travel within the United States to get to Maccabi USA's departing airports
Estimated minimum charitable gift:
- Head & Assistant Coaches: $3,000
- Physicians: $3,000
- Athletic Trainers: $1,500
- Mental Health Professionals: $1,500
- Additional Volunteers or Self-Funded Sports Chairs that have been approved by Maccabi USA: $6,650
APPLICATION FEES AND DEPOSITS
- All applicants for all positions must submit a non-refundable $36 application fee with the completed application form
- A deposit of $360 will be required by all Team members within 5 business days after appointment to confirm your spot on the team
- All deposits must be made by credit card and are non-refundable
- All forms and payments must be made ON TIME in order to maintain a spot on the Team
- Limited need-based scholarship will be available for athletes to apply for only after they have been appointed to the team
- If you need financial assistance, we will provide tools to help you raise money from your family, friends, and colleagues
- There are Hebrew Free Loan Associations (HFLA) across the United States that may be able to provide you with interest-free loans so you can cover costs over a period of several years
- Please CLICK HERE to find your local HFLA
MISSION TRAVEL TO LONDON FOR FAMILIES AND FRIENDS
Maccabi USA will be offering a friends and family Supporter's Mission trip to London during the Games that will allow you to explore Jewish London and take care of all your logistical travel needs, including getting you to and from the competition venues. If you are interested in learning more, please CLICK HERE.
Any questions concerning the application or team selections should be directed to Mackenzie Mager, Program Officer (215) 561-6900 Ext. 4157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sincerely/ בברכה/ B’vracha,
Scott Gelb Summer Bloom
USA General Chair USA Vice Chair
EMYG Organizing Committee EMYG Organizing Committee