Cincinnati Union Terminal Model
Historically, Cincinnati was a major railroad hub, but traffic was split over five stations. A decision was taken in 1928 to construct a central station--the Cincinnati Union Terminal. The principle architects were Alfred T. Fellheimer and Steward Wagner. However, architects Paul Philippe Cret and Roland Wank were brought in as design consultants, and Cret is credited with the building's art deco style. It features the largest semi-dome in the western hemisphere, measuring 180 feet wide and 106 feet high. Although abandoned by Amtrak in 1971, the station was designated a historic landmark two years later. It lay vacant for the next couple of decades before being saved and restored by the people of Cincinnati. The building is now home to a much reduced passenger rail terminal as well as museums, theaters and a library. This architectural sculpture of the fabulous art deco entrance facade was handcrafted by the duo Chisel & Mouse in their studio in Sussex, England. It is made of strong plaster that has a reassuring weight and smooth, cool feel. The window frames are made of etched brass. See more work from Chisel & Mouse here.
Please note: This is a special order item, so please allow extra time for delivery.
Size: 6.5" x 11" x 2.5"
Member price: $243.00