I have registered again for the Pan-Florida Challenge Cancer Bike Ride on March 25 and have committed to cycling 100 miles and raising $20,000 to fund cancer prevention research. The Pan-Florida Challenge is an organization that engages the community in cancer prevention and patient support. They also provide nutritious, cancer fighting food to hungry kids. PFC partners with local organizations to provide financial and emotional support to cancer patients of all ages. Please help me by contributing generously.
In September of 2021, someone very close to me in my family was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. While the cancer has been removed, the treatment will persist over the course of the next few years to ensure it does not return given how aggressive the case was. We will fight this the same way we have fought back against the pandemic and other health situations that have occurred over the last several years within our family. We consider ourselves so fortunate that a routine test informed us of the situation and so many others that we will be continue to be able to cover all costs associated with treatments required. However, not all cancer patients and their families are this lucky.
Cyclists like me will be riding short and long distances this March to draw attention to the plight of cancer in our community.
- Studies show that there is a significant link between chronic hunger and the propensity to get cancer.
- Research shows that 70% of lifetime risk of cancer is within our power to change, including diet
- In just eight years, Pan-Florida Challenge has provided over eight million meals to hungry children.
- 2,500+ children will receive PFC Power Packs this school year. PFC feeds children at more than 34 sites in five Florida counties.
- PFC has more than 4,000 donors, 50 sponsors, and 350 volunteers working with all their hearts to help those in our community.
Just $25 will stave off a child’s hunger for an entire month. $100 will help sponsor education programs teaching techniques for healthy eating. Every gift of every size will support research and education activities at partner organizations including Moffitt Cancer Center and Cancer Alliance of Naples. Whatever you can give will help – it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.
I am reaching out to you to humbly and graciously ask for a donation for this amazing cause.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.