Call Today: Ask Your Members of Congress to Pass the SAFE Act
Please take a minute to call your members
of Congress and ask them to co-sponsor and support the SAFE Act, which would keep
toxic horse meat out of the food supply. Please be polite and encouraging.
Use the following talking points as a guide:
- I am calling as a constituent to urge you to co-sponsor and
support the SAFE Act.
- After a recent court decision, new horse slaughter plants
could open in the United States before the end of the year.
- Horses in the United States are raised as companions and
sport animals, not for human consumption.
- The majority of horses in the United States are routinely
given medications that are dangerous to humans, untested on humans, or
prohibited for use in animals raised for human consumption.
- There is no system in place to track these drugs and
treatments to ensure that horse meat is safe.
- Please support the SAFE Act and do everything you can to
ensure its swift passage.
This alert is only available for residents of the United States. If you are not a U.S. resident, you can take action on one of our other action alerts here.