Ask Baystate Medical Center to End the Use of Live Pigs in Trauma Training
Please take a minute to ask Baystate Medical Center president Mark Tolosky to immediately replace the use of live pigs in his hospital’s Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) courses. We have
provided text for you, but if you decide to write your own message, please be polite and encouraging. Here are some talking points:
- Please replace the use of live pigs in your ATLS courses with superior human-based training methods.
- Massachusetts General Hospital recently ended its animal use and has switched to using the American College of Surgeons-approved TraumaMan System for all of its ATLS courses.
- Your medical center conducts the only ATLS course in Massachusetts involving live animals.
- Since your hospital already owns the TraumaMan System, there is no justification for this continued animal use.
- Please end this cruel and unnecessary practice immediately.
Click the "Send Message" button and your e-mail will automatically be sent to Mr. Tolosky.