Premier Test Builder
Simplifies Creating Tests in Microsoft Word while adding Accessibility
One test that can be used with ALL students, regardless of their needs. Premier Test Builder enables you to make a single test that is accessible to all students, including students with learning disabilities, blind users, low vision users, even general education students.
Premier Test Builder takes the frustration out of creating tests in Microsoft Word. Test Builder has everything done for you. All you add is your questions. Test Builder combines the power and flexibility of Microsoft Word with pre-built templates of question styles. All you do is select the question style you want by clicking on a button from the Test Builder tool bar and just add your text, audio or pictures. This tool is a must for busy educators.
The best part about Premier Test Builder is that when you save the finished test, it is also fully accessible to a wide variety of assistive technologies. Now educators do not need to take a class in accessible design to build an accessible test. Your resulting test can be printed and handed out like a regular test, PLUS they can be provided to the resource teachers in electronic format for use with screen readers and other adaptive technologies.
- Premier Test Builder is designed to be compatible with the Premier Universal Reader and Talking Pointer. Students who have visual decoding challenges can use the Talking Pointer - just point at the question or answer and it reads just that item to them. No highlighting or copying necessary - just point and listen. Virtually no training is required for students needing the test to be read to them.
- Build a single test for all students.
- 10 different question styles. Just add your own text, pictures and audio.
- Uses Microsoft Word - you don’t have to learn another program. By using Microsoft word, you get all the power of MS Office, but you can also capitalize on a technology that many educators are already familiar with Reduce the learning curve.
- Finished test are locked automatically to prevent change.
- It takes less time to create a test with test builder than without. Many other test building programs are complicated and very time consuming.
- No additional software is required to view the test - Tests created with Test Builder Are Compatible with Windows or Mac.
- Finalized tests are both PC and Mac compatible.
- Save lots of time and still make good looking accessible test, without being an expert in Universal Design or learning.
- Single file distribution - it is easy to distribute test created with Test Builder because everything is saved in a single file. Unlike some html test builders that create a lot of supporting files - Test Builder creates a single file, for easy distribution.
- Test Builder test can be viewed on any computer without downloading or installing any software or plug-ins If you have access to internet explorer you can view the test.
- Drag and Drop Words from a wordlist into a fill in the blank question.
- Operating System: Windows 7, Vista or XP
- Students: Tests can be taken on a Mac or Windows
- Software: MS Word 2000 or higher
- Premier Test Builder tests have been tested with the following Assistive Technologies:
- JAWS for Windows™ screen reader
- Window Eyes™ screen reader
- Hal Screen Reader™
- Universal Reader Plus
- Dragon Naturally Speaking™
- IBM Via Voice™
- ZoomText ™
- Write Outloud™