Join the Movement Make a Difference for You and for Others
Take Charge, 7 Things You Can Do In 7 Days  
Get Involved Donate Events Sponsors RESOLVE.ORG

Educate Yourself

Do you need to see a specialist?

According to the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, you should seek the care of a specialist if you are unable to achieve pregnancy after 12 months of unprotected intercourse and the women is under the age of 35, six months if the women is more than 35 years of age. You should also seek the care of a specialist if you have had more than one miscarriage.  

If you answer "YES" to any of these statements talk to your healthcare professional now regardless of how long you've been trying to conceive.  RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association urges you and your partner to take charge of your fertility.  Asking questions, educating yourself or your partner, and being your own advocate are the fastest ways to building your family.

  • I have painful periods.
  • I have irregular periods.
  • I can not pinpoint when I ovulate.
  • My partner/I have a history of STDs.
  • I have an unhealthy Body Mass Index (BMI). (underweight or overweight)
  • I have had more than one miscarriage.

Need help finding a specialist?  Visit RESOLVE's directory of services here. 
Other RESOLVE resources, follow this link.

Back to Take Charge
NIAW Homepage