Welcome to My Personal Page
Welcome to my personal fundraising webpage in support of the Samaritans 5K Run/Walk for Suicide Prevention on Saturday, Saturday 28th! I am participating in the 5K to raise funds and awareness for Samaritans, a non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the incidence of suicide in our community.
All proceeds help fund Samaritans' life saving services, including the 24/7 Helplines, Community Education and Outreach, and Grief Support Services for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.These vital services are available locally to the families, friends and neighbors, free of charge. Samaritans answers calls from Greater Boston, MetroWest, the State Wide toll free number, and the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
You can help me prevent suicide by clicking the Donate Now button to sponsor my efforts in meeting my fundraising goal, or click Join This Team to create your own page and join me in raising funds and awareness for this organization's amazing cause!
Did you know...
- Suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the US overall, the 3rd leading cause of death for people ages 15-24, and the 2nd leading cause of death for people ages 25 - 34
- On average, there is one completed suicide every 12 minutes in the US
- There are 4 times as many suicides as homicides per year in Massachusetts
- All of Samaritans' services are free to the community
- Samaritans' efforts to provide mental health support and reduce suicide are multi-faceted and focus on prevention, intervention and providing support following a suicide loss
- Samaritans now offers crisis services to thousands of those in need of a listening ear via phone, text message and online chat, conducts hundres of suicide prevention workshops and community outreach seminars per year, and provides a variety of support services to those bereaved by suicide
Thank you so much for your support, you are helping to save lives!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.