Welcome to My Personal Page
Welcome to my fundraising page for Samaritans 5K Run/Walk for Suicide Prevention!
I hope you will support me in raising funds for Samaritans and their suicide prevention work!
- In 2016, there were 638 confirmed suicide deaths in Massachusetts.
- Most suicide deaths occurred among individuals ages 45-54.
- Men die by suicide about 3 times more often than women.
- Females attempted suicide more often than males.
- Most suicide deaths occur by suffocation.
- People die by suicide almost 4 times as often than by homicide.
- Massachusetts has the 48th lowest rate of suicide in the US.
- There were about 47,173 reported suicide deaths in 2017.
- One person dies by suicide every 12 minutes in the U.S.
- It is estimated that over 1,000,000 people attempt suicide every year, about one person every 30 seconds.
- Guns are the leading means of suicide death in the U.S.
- Men die by suicide about 3 1/2 times more often than women.
- Women attempt suicide 3 times more often than men.
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death for youth ages 15–24.
- For every suicide death, it is estimated that there are about 147 people exposed and 18 who are intimately affected by the suicide death.
- Based on 2014 U. S. data, the highest rates of suicide were middle aged people (45–54) with a rate of 20.2.
Please Donate Now to my fundraising effort and save a life and the terrible toll it takes on families and the community.
Your gift will fund Samaritans confidential, non-judgmental, and compassionate listening.
Each year Samaritans:
- Answers over 75,000 HelpLine calls from people struggling with despair, depression or who just need to talk
- Averages 350 HelpLine text conversations monthly, mostly from young people
- Reaches 21,000 individuals with education on suicide risks and prevention strategies through workshops and awareness events
- Support over 1100 survivors of suicide loss through SafePlace support groups or individual meetings
Please Donate Now to my fundraising efforts and help save a life. Or Join our Team on Saturday, September 28, 2019 at Artesani Park, 1225 Soldiers Field Road, Brighton, MA
You can help prevent the tragedy of suicide. Thank you so much!
Learn more about Samaritans here: Samaritanshope.org
If you or someone you know needs to talk, call or text 877-879-HOPE (4673)
All proceeds fund Samaritans' life saving services, which are available to individuals and families free of charge in Greater Boston, MetroWest, and throughout the Massachusetts via the HelpLine
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.