March for Marisa
Welcome to our team fundraising page for Samaritans 5K Run/Walk for Suicide Prevention!
I hope you will support us in raising funds for Samaritans and their suicide prevention work.
Did you know?
In Massachusetts in 2015 (latest data available) --
- 631 people died by suicide
- 11,014 people went to the emergency room or were hospitalized for self-inflicted injuries
- There are 3 times as many suicides as homicides each year and 2 times as many motor vehicle deaths
- The highest suicide rate is among men aged 45 – 64
- Women have a higher rate of suicide attempts
- 54% of people who died by suicide had a documented current mental health problem
- Lesbian, gay and bisexual youth are 4 times more likely to die by suicide
Please Donate Now to our team fundraising effort and save a life and the terrible toll it takes on families and the community.
Your gift will fund Samaritans confidential, non-judgmental, and compassionate listening.
This year Samaritan will:
- Answer 80,000 HelpLine calls from people struggling with despair, depression or who just need to talk
- Average 500 HelpLine text conversations monthly, mostly from young people
- Reach 20,000 individuals with education on suicide risks and prevention strategies through workshops and awareness events
- Support over 1100 survivors of suicide loss through SafePlace support groups or individual meetings
Please Donate Now to our team or Join our Team on September 29, 2018 at Artesani Park, 1225 Soldiers Field Road, Brighton, MA
You can help prevent the tragedy of suicide. Thank you so much!
Learn more about Samaritans here: Samaritanshope.org
If you or someone you know needs to talk, call or text 877-870-HOPE (4673).
All proceeds fund Samaritans' lifesaving services, which are available to individuals and families free of charge in Greater Boston, MetroWest, and throughout the Massachusetts via the Helpline