Fundraising Champion and Parent FAQ's
A helpful step-by-step guide that walks you through setting up your fundraising page, reaching out to family and friends making donations.
Fundraising Champion and Parent FAQs
How do I join my school's fundraising team?
You can register to fundraise under your school's team and set up your fundraising page through our online platform! Parents should always register and manage their child's fundraising page, for purposes of safety and as a great opportunity to work together with your child! Download the Parent Quick Start Guide or view the Fundraising Champions: How to Register Video to get started.
Why can't I find my school?
To participate in health. moves. minds. a school must register through the online platform. If your school already created a team, you will then have the option of entering the name of the team you are looking for in the search bar or browsing through the list of established teams to find your school's team. Simply click the name of the team to become a member. If your school is not listed, follow up with the school's health. moves. minds. Team Champion (the teacher leading the fundraising event) to verify they are signed-up correctly.
Will individual fundraising totals automatically be added to my school's Team Fundraising Page?
Yes! Any funds donated on behalf of a Fundraising Champion will roll-up to the school’s Team Fundraising account and goal.
How can students earn a T-shirt?
To earn a T-shirt, a student/parent must register online as a Fundraising Champion through your school’s Team Fundraising Page and raise $50 online. Alternatively, your child may collect offline donations and submit them to the school's Team Champion (ie., the teacher leading the fundraiser.). When you child raises at least $50 offline, he/she will earn the t-shirt incentive.
How do I edit my personal information?
When you make a donation or create a Personal Fundraising Page, your Fundraising HQ is automatically created for you. Your personal information (name, email address, etc.) can be edited via your Fundraising HQ.
- Select Login from the homepage
Select the Login option at the top right-hand side of the screen.
Enter Email and Password
To access your Fundraising HQ, log in using your username and password. If you have forgotten your password, reset it within the login window.
If you are already logged in, you can access your Fundraising HQ from any page by hovering your mouse over the Fundraising HQ button on the top right.
- Navigating the Fundraising HQ
Once logged in to your Fundraising HQ, you can edit your personal information. To make changes, click the Profile tab.
How do I edit my Personal Fundraising Page?
Fundraising progress updates are critical to engage your supporters. This support article will walk through how to post updates on your Personal Fundraising Page.
Log In to your Fundraising HQ: First, log in to your Fundraising HQ that was automatically created for you when you registered. From the homepage, click the Login button at the top right-hand side of the screen. If you have forgotten your password, reset it within the login window.
If you already logged in, you can access your Fundraising HQ from any page by clicking the Fundraising HQ button in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Navigate Your Personal Fundraising HQ: In your Fundraising HQ, you will see tabs to manage your fundraising page and your teams. Select the Me tab to open your personal fundraising dashboard.
To edit the content on your fundraising page, click on the blue buttons within the section on the right side labeled Personal Page. To edit sections of the page, click Edit Content, Update Photo, etc. Hit Save when you are finished to save your edits.
- Title: This is the heading that will display on your fundraising page
- Goal: The amount you hope to fundraise. You can increase the amount at a later date if you hit your goal early!
- Set Your URL: This is the URL or link that will appear in your browser’s address box when donors visit your page.
- Add a Personal Picture/Video: Use the Upload button to change your picture. You can also use the Remove button to remove your picture and use the default video.
How do I share my Personal Fundraising Page?
Sharing your Personal Fundraising Page is easy and critical to reaching your fundraising goal. You can easily share your page using four methods.
- Share From Your Fundraising HQ: From the Fundraising HQ, you have three different options for sharing your fundraising page: Facebook, Twitter, and a URL link share. Click on the appropriate icon to share your page.
- Share From Your Fundraising Page: You can also share from your live Personal Fundraising Page. On the right side of the page, there are social media icons to click and share your page via Facebook, Twitter, or email.
- Share by Connecting to Facebook Fundraiser: Social media is KEY to raising lots of awareness and money. An easy first step is to create a linked Facebook Fundraiser directly from your fundraising participant center! Download the Guide.
- Share Using Your Page URL: The last way to share your Personal Fundraising Page with your network is to send your page URL via email. You can simply copy the URL in the address bar of your browser and paste it into an email to send to potential donors!
Are donations tax deductible?
Yes, the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and as such any donations do qualify as charitable contributions and are deductible for federal income tax purposes to the extent permitted by law. Please keep your email donation receipt as your official record. We will send it to you upon successful completion of your donation. SHAPE America’s tax identification number is 52-0886491.
Do donors receive a receipt?
Yes. All online donors receive a donation receipt to the email address they provided.
Can I collect cash or check (i.e., offline) donations?
Check with your school to see if they are accepting offline donations.
If so, donations will be recorded to the school's Team Fundraising Page. However, Team Champions (the teacher leading the fundraiser) can track individual donations so that students raising funds offline may earn individual incentives, such as t-shirts. If your school is collecting offline donations, checks should be made out to the school or school district, please verity with your school regarding their preference.
Do you accept Employer Matching Gifts?
Yes! Many companies offer a matching gift program to encourage philanthropy among their employees. Gifts from employees' spouses and retired employees may also qualify for a match. Learn more.
How do I thank donors?
Every donation should be acknowledged immediately with an email, social media call out and/or a handwritten thank you note. You can also thank donors directly from your Fundraising HQ.
There are three different ways to thank donors for their contributions directly from your Fundraising HQ.
- From your Emails Tab: From your Fundraising HQ, select the Emails tab. In the list under Contacts, you will see an Unthanked Donors tab. Click on the tab to populate your email. If you would like to use a templated message, click Use a Template and then click the Thank You message of your choice; this will pre-populate a message that you can personalize.
- From Your Comments Feed: From your live fundraising page, scroll down until you see the Comments Feed located near the bottom of the page. This will display the most recent activity on your page. You can thank donors here by typing your thank you message in the resulting text field and selecting Post Comment.
- From Facebook: If you created a linked Facebook Fundraiser from your Personal Fundraising Page, you can always thank donors on social media and showcase your gratitude for their generosity in a public platform!
What if I have a question that is not answered here?
Please email us at email@example.com for any unanswered questions you have.