The NICU Nook
When a child is in the NICU, there is no magic solution to make everyone feel better, but we can certainly try! There is now a gift closet that parents can visit to make their world a little brighter. Donations are welcome and needed throughout the year. If you would like to donate new items, please contact Ginny Landle at Glandle@stamhealth.org or call 203-276-5996. Below are some needed items:
- Premature onesies and preemie hats
- Baby blankets
- Nursing supplies
- Toiletries for parents
- Slippers and robes for parents
- Books and magazines
Click here to view a full list of accepted donations.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
While one of life's greatest joys, pregnancy and childbirth alone can be challenging. When you're faced with the possibility of your newborn baby staying in the NICU, life can definitely get stressful for awhile. Words like "high risk", "sick," and "premature" were likely not part of the plan, let alone an extended stay.
Few facts about Stamford Hospitals NICU
- Designated Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit staffed by experienced neonatologists, nurses, and pediatric specialists.
- There is a dedicated Resource Room loaded with helpful information. It’s also a private, comfortable respite for visiting families as well as a site for weekly parent mentoring from the Tiny Miracles Foundation. Most volunteers are parents whose children were also premature infants.
- Prior to discharge, parents are invited to spend a night in our new transition rooms to help ease the transition from NICU to home.
- NICU Infant Clinical Evaluation Program for “graduates” helps you and your pediatrician manage common issues like growth, nutrition, and neurodevelopmental delay.
In an effort to make NICU life more manageable, please feel free to make a selection from the gift closet. Donations are made possible by local organizations, businesses, the community and are welcome throughout the year.
Field Is Required
Select Gift Amount:
Credit Card Information:
Many corporations and businesses sponsor matching gift programs that will match charitable contributions made by their employees, employee's spouse or partner, or retirees.
If your company is eligible, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it completed and signed with your gift. We will do the rest. The impact of your gift to Stamford Hospital may be doubled or possibly tripled!
Press Submit Gift only once. You will see this charge appear on your credit card statement as Stamford Hospital or BLK Nonprofit (out of CA).