Special Alert: Navigating the I-95 Construction Project
A construction project on Interstate 95 is expected to cause traffic delays as you make your journey into Stamford for the Hope in Motion Walk & Run on June 2nd.
The project will close a portion of I95 at Exit 9 from 11 p.m. on Friday, May 31st, through Monday, June 3rd.
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is setting up detours to help divert traffic — but we strongly suggest you plan ahead to make sure you get to Columbus Park on time.
Here are some tips:
Plan your route — If you typically use I-95 to get into downtown Stamford, consider taking a different route into town or the Merritt Parkway. This will help you avoid some of the traffic related to the detour.
- Get there early — Plan to make your way into Stamford as early you can on event day. We’re opening registration in Columbus Park at 6:30 a.m. — and there will be plenty of things to do if you want to beat the crowds and arrive early.
- Carpool — If you’re participating with friends and family or are part of a team, consider meeting up early and coming in one vehicle. This will make the journey more fun and will help cut down on the amount of traffic coming into and out of Stamford.
- Walk or ride — If you live close to downtown Stamford, consider leaving your car at home and either walking or riding your bike to Columbus Park.
- Get your T-shirt now — If you’ve already registered for this year’s event, you can pick up your T-shirt at Print Promowear during its normal business hours, up until 1 p.m. on Friday, May 31st. This will save you time on the day of the event. Here are more details.
- Stay informed — You can get updates and more details about the construction schedule through a special site created by the Connecticut Department of Transportation at https://www.i95exit9.com/schedule