If you could
only choose one,
would you feed or
diaper your baby?
1 in 3 American families face this
In partnership with B’more for Healthy Babies, the University of Maryland Medical Center is helping families in need by
collecting 500,000 diapers by the end of Diaper Need Awareness Week September 23-29, 2019. We are collecting diapers of all brands
and sizes as well as wipes. Preemie diapers
will go to the families of UMMC NICU
patients, and all others will go to families
and shelters in Baltimore.
You can help alleviate this stressful choice for families.
Give diapers or make a tax-deductible donation below.
Why there is a crucial need for diapers:
- 5.2 million children in the U.S. aged 3 or younger live in poor or low-income families
- Infants require up to 10 diapers per day, costing families between $70-$80 per month, per baby
- Diapers cannot be purchased with food stamps
- Some families cut back on basics such as food, utilities, or childcare to purchase diapers,
while others need to leave their infants in soiled diapers for a longer period of time, leading to
potential health risks
- Childcare programs require parents to provide enough diapers per day; if a parent cannot afford
them, they cannot leave their child in daycare to attend work or school
What we are collecting:
- Diapers of all sizes, including preemie diapers
All brands of diapers and wipes are accepted.
How you can help:
- Donate diapers and/or wipes - call 410-328-5770 to arrange for someone to pick up your donation or for drop-off information at the UMMS Foundation office, 110 S. Paca Street, 9th floor.
- Make a tax-deductible gift below to help us purchase diapers and wipes for these babies.
Field Is Required
Select Your Gift Amount:
Credit Card Information:
Checking Account Information: