In partnership with B’more for Healthy Babies, the University of Maryland Medical Center seeks to
alleviate this stressful choice for Baltimore families by collecting 50,000 diapers during the month of September.
Why there is a crucial need for diapers:
- 5.2 million children in the U.S. aged 3 or younger live in poor or low-income families
- Infants require up to 10 diapers per day, costing families between $70-$80 per month, per baby
- Diapers cannot be purchased with food stamps
- Some families cut back on basics such as food, utilities, or childcare to purchase diapers,
while others need to leave their infants in soiled diapers for a longer period of time, leading to
potential health risks
- Childcare programs require parents to provide enough diapers per day; if a parent cannot afford
them, they cannot leave their child in daycare to attend work or school
What we are collecting:
- Diapers of all sizes, including preemie diapers
All brands of diapers and wipes are accepted.
How you can help:
- Donate diapers and/or wipes - call 410-328-5770 to arrange for someone to pick up your donation or for drop-off information at the UMMS Foundation office, 110 S. Paca Street, 9th floor.
- Make a tax-deductible gift below to help us purchase diapers and wipes for these babies.
Field Is Required
Select Your Gift Amount:
Credit Card Information:
Checking Account Information: