WE DID IT! In only 5 weeks, we doubled our goal and collected over 100,000 diapers—105,000 to be exact—and 25,000 wipes. Thank you to each and every donor for your support of this important initiative. You helped make this a huge success and we are grateful.
With the 105,000 diapers and 25,000 wipes, we are able to expansively distribute these to various shelters and community outreach centers across the city, thus helping even more Baltimore families in need. Your gift is making a difference.
Help us continue to keep babies dry >> give diapers or make a tax-deductible donation below.
Our goal for next year is 500,000 diapers!
Why there is a crucial need for diapers:
- 5.2 million children in the U.S. aged 3 or younger live in poor or low-income families
- Infants require up to 10 diapers per day, costing families between $70-$80 per month, per baby
- Diapers cannot be purchased with food stamps
- Some families cut back on basics such as food, utilities, or childcare to purchase diapers,
while others need to leave their infants in soiled diapers for a longer period of time, leading to
potential health risks
- Childcare programs require parents to provide enough diapers per day; if a parent cannot afford
them, they cannot leave their child in daycare to attend work or school
What we are collecting:
- Diapers of all sizes, including preemie diapers
All brands of diapers and wipes are accepted.
How you can help:
- Donate diapers and/or wipes - call 410-328-5770 to arrange for someone to pick up your donation or for drop-off information at the UMMS Foundation office, 110 S. Paca Street, 9th floor.
- Make a tax-deductible gift below to help us purchase diapers and wipes for these babies.
Field Is Required
Select Your Gift Amount:
Credit Card Information:
Checking Account Information: