Support ORT Families in Ukraine
ORT has been actively addressing the needs of more than 4,000 ORT Ukraine staff, student and their families since the war broke out in February 2022. This includes emergency financial assistance, ensuring uninterrupted education, crucial psychological support, emergency response training, and provision of secure and safe learning and teaching environments, food, and equipment supplies. With the war ongoing, emergency needs have evolved into a sustained routine with unpredictable future needs and challenges.
Current and ongoing priority needs in Ukraine include:
- 1. Structural repairs and equipment upgrades in all five ORT Ukraine schools, due to infrastructure damage and power surges.
- 2. Facilitating ongoing security, power, and connectivity enabling students to study in safe and conducive learning environments.
- 3. Providing humanitarian aid and psychological counseling for students, educators, and their families.
- 4. Ensuring the continuation of Jewish Education by compensating Jewish Studies teachers at the ORT schools across Ukraine.
- 5. Planning for emergencies to quickly respond to catastrophic events.
We must be ready to respond to any eventuality or emergency and are committed to doing everything possible to support our students, their families, and our schools and programs for as long as necessary.
Thank you for your help.