Welcome to My Fundraising Page!
Welcome to CANINES CARE: a team for dogs and their owners and all those who wish to support the great work of WHS.
Several years ago my dog Roga and I attended therapy dog training classes at WHS. The training we received enabled us to become a therapy dog team and to visit hospice residents weekly where I see the very positive impact the therapy dog has on those in hospice care and their family members.
But dog training is only one of the many ways that WHS helps improve the quality of life for people and animals in Wisconsin.
Despite the many challenges of 2020, for example, WHS:
- found homes for 9,756 homeless animals with new families.
- arranged for 4,539 animals to be foster animal placements.
- performed 10,932 surgeries.
- admitted 4,551 wild animals to its Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.
- served 4,253 young people in our youth programs.
- reunited 1,6712 animals to their owners.
- served 3,636 clients through the Pets for Life program.
- ran programs to end animal abuse ---a known precursor to child abuse.
- cared for at risk pets of victims of domestic violence.
- helped feed animals of families in need.
- operated the areas first high volume, high quality, low cost spay/neuter clinic.
WHS relies on community donations. You can help WHS continue its good work by (1) sponsoring the Canines Care team by clicking the Donate button, (2) registering to join the virtual teamwalk or run on June 19 by clicking on the Join David's Team button, or better yet, (3) doing both.
Thank you in advance for your generosity.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.