Barks & Recreation
Thank you for visiting our page for Barks & Recreation - the team made up of WHS employees!
Many of us grew up dreaming about spending our days with puppies and kittens, so to be able to call what we do each and every day at the Wisconsin Humane Society "work" is truly incredible. Working at a shelter, though, also means that we see first-hand what your generous donations can accomplish, and, how much work there still is to do to help the abused, neglected and abandoned animals who have no where else to turn.
Last year, we helped care for 35,000 animals, and for the people who love them. Because WHS receives no general government funding, it is your donations that enable some pretty incredible programs to exist for the community, including:
- Affordable spay/neuter services open to the public at the WHS Spay/Neuter Clinic in West Allis.
- A pet food bank to assist families with pets through tough financial times.
- Youth programs designed to teach compassion, respect and responsible care for animals.
- Outreach programming to serve families with pets in underserved areas.
- A foster program for animals in domestic violence situations.
- The Wildlife Rehabilitation Center that provides rescue, rehabilitation and release for more than 5,000 wild animals annually, at our Milwaukee Campus.
Pretty cool, isn't it? And those are just a few of the wonderful things the Wisconsin Humane Society does!
Will you join us on June 24th at Veterans Park with your friends, family, co-workers, and of course, all of your furry canines? Even if you can't make it to the run/walk, your donation would be greatly appreciated. You can click on any of our team members pages to make a donation to support animals in need right here in our community.
On behalf of everyone on Barks & Recreation,
If you are a member of this team and would like to customize this page with a special message or team photo, please contact us and we can designate you as the team captain.