(Check back often for more activities to come!)
Join us on Saturday, June 20 virtually for Pet Walk MKE!
We know that this year will look a little different than years’ past, but that won’t stop us from celebrating the animals we love, and coming together in spirit to support the animals in our community who need us.
Here’s everything you need to know about Virtual Pet Walk:
Friday, June 19
Help us kick off Pet Walk weekend with Willy Porter!
- Join us on Facebook Live at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, June 19 for a benefit concert for WHS with Willy Porter! Facebook event link coming soon!
Saturday, June 20
We’re going to prove it’s possible to be together even when we’re apart. Here’s how:
Facebook Live Kickoff
- 9:30 a.m.: Tune in to Facebook Live on Saturday, June 20 for a yoga class lead by our friends at Empower Yoga Milwaukee here.
- 10:00 a.m.: Join us for a celebration and welcome, thank you, and countdown. Be sure you’re following the Wisconsin Humane Society Facebook Page so you don’t miss a moment of the fun.
Walk or Run Your Way
- After the kickoff and countdown, we’re all going to step outside (or stand up from our couch) and walk and run together. In that moment, we’ll be united — hundreds of animal lovers doing the same thing at the same time for a great cause.
- Together we'll show that nothing can stop us from walking and running for animals who need us.
- Show us how you’re walking! Download our virtual race bib for walkers and runners below & be sure to take a photo and share it with the hashtag #petwalkmke and tag us at @wischumane.
|View & Download the Virtual Walker Race Bib here|
|View & Download the Virtual Runner Race Bib here|
|Download the Virtual Walker Finisher's Certificate here|
|Download the Virtual Runner Finisher's Certificate here|
What do I wear for Virtual Pet Walk?
- Not sure what to wear on Saturday? We’re inviting participants to show off their Pet Walk pride by wearing a T-shirt from past Pet Walks, Tails on the Trail, or general WHS gear if you have it! If not, simply snap a photo of you and your pet with our virtual race bibs to show off your Pet Walk pride!
- Please mail all cash or check donations you received while fundraising to WHS in a clearly marked envelope, including your name, to:
|Wisconsin Humane Society
ATTN: Pet Walk
4500 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53208
- Check out all of the prizes you can earn by fundraising for the animals, including the 2020 Pet Walk T-shirt! You will have until June 30 to meet your goals. If you previously registered with the original registration fees, you will qualify for your Walk T-shirt automatically. We know not everyone is able to participate on June 20th, so you will have until June 30 to meet your fundraising goals.
- If you registered as a virtual participant with free registration, you can fundraise or donate $50 to receive a shirt!
T-shirt & Prize Pick-up Dates
- This year’s shirt and prize pick-up (including hoodies!) will be on Friday, July 10 from 4:30 - 6:30pm and Saturday, July 11 from 9am – noon at our Milwaukee Campus (4500 West Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53208). While we know how much everyone loves to show off their Pet Walk shirts at the event, due to supplier challenges, limited on-site staffing, and the challenges of safely distributing to hundreds of people while social distancing, the shirts (along with the rest of the prizes) will not be available prior to the event this year.
Virtual Vendor Village
- Ready to kick back after your walk? Stop by our first-ever Virtual Vendor Village, which features dozens of our animal-loving local partners you can support! Can’t wait ‘til Saturday? Shop and learn more about our amazing partners by checking it out today!
- It’s not too late to get friends and family involved with this year's Virtual Pet WalkMKE! You can still register through walk day for FREE here. All participants can earn prizes for donations made and collected for this year’s event through June 30.
Remind me, what's a virtual walk?
It's a walk on your own terms! Whether you walk around the block, around the entire neighborhood, or walk in place on your treadmill, you'll be making a difference for animals. You'll be part of a virtual movement of animal lovers who are all walking (or running) to support the animals who need our help.
Why is Pet Walk 2020 virtual?
In response to COVID-19 concerns about the health and safety of our community, staff and volunteers, the Wisconsin Humane Society (WHS) will be hosting the 2020 Pet Walk virtually.
This means we’re inviting animal lovers to join us virtually for a walk or run in their neighborhood or even on a treadmill, to support WHS.
Pet Walk is one of the largest fundraisers of the year for WHS, and going “virtual” does not change the importance of such a community-supported event. We're counting on our supporters now more than ever to ensure that we can continue to provide lifesaving care to the animals who need us most.
While we may not be physically walking together on Saturday, June 20, we can still stand together to support the needs of animals and their families, especially during this difficult time. Animal lovers like you can still change lives by supporting this year’s Virtual Pet Walk.
Looking for more information about this year's event? Check out our FAQ page here.